Spring will officially be here in 6 more weeks. Will you be ready? (Of course you will!) Here’s what to look for when you’re researching and choosing solar powered landscape lighting for homes and cottages. Brilliantly designed in Canada for North American climates – that’s free-light!
What Makes a Solar Light Great?
- Number of LEDs. This relates to brightness. For comparison purposes, free-light solar lights use 18-24 LEDs in 6V Solar Light models (compared to 1 LED in competitive products) and 36 LEDs in 12V Solar Lights Models (compared to 5 LEDs maximum in competitive products). Why the number of LEDs is important: If the solar light isn’t bright enough, it won’t illuminate your pathways or walkways for safety an/or ambience. Browse our collection of high-performing column, pillar and post solar lights for more bright ideas.
- Type of LED. free-light solar lights use daylight natural colour LEDs that enhance the beauty of your property. Why the type of LED is important: Other solar lights typically use glaring blue-white lights or dingy and dim yellow lights that aren’t attractive or easy on the eyes. Check out our Fence & Gate Post Cap Solar Lights.
- Charging Speed. Check the specifications for the length of time to fully charge the solar light. free-light solar lights charge up to 4 times faster than others and deliver the appropriate amount of solar light with as little as 3 hours of direct sunlight per day. Surplus sunlight is then stored in the battery for the next night’s use. Why charging speed is important: For those days when you get a mixture of sun, cloud, or rain – you want your solar light to charge quickly and be ready for the darkness. Here are some terrific examples of Courtyard and Patio Solar Lights to choose from.
- Lighting time. How many hours of light will the solar light fixture emit? Are there auto on/off switches? free-light solar lights use microprocessor controlled electronics to prolong lighting time. Competitive products use crude or elementary electronics that are inferior. Why lighting time is important: You want to make sure your solar lights are on when you need them! See all of our Garden Deck Solar Lights – including our famous GALAXY Family for walls, columns, posts and courtyards.
- How wide an area will the solar light broadcast light? Three feet? Ten feet? This is important to know as it will affect the number of solar lights you need and the style. Take the RA80 – Fully Adjustable Solar Driveway Parking Light with remote control. When mounted at 11′ it will produce a 60′ wide pool of lights. Brilliant!
Dare to compare solar lights!
Read more about what makes free-light all-season solar lights the best. Happy shopping from your free-light friends!