Look for High Quality and Reliable Solar Lights Guaranteed to Perform and Last!
Thinking about solar lighting needs for your home, cottage or office and wondering what separates good solar lights from bad? Here’s a solar lighting check-list and tips you can use to choose the right solar lights. Want to see free-light in person? Visit the free-light booth at an upcoming Home Show. We’ll be at The GTA Home & Reno Show from February 15-18, 2019 at The International Centre.
Characteristics of Great Solar Lights
- Brightness. How bright are the solar lights? For comparison purposes, free-light solar lights use 18-24 LEDs in 6V Solar Light models (compared to 1 LED in competitive products) and 36 LEDs in 12V Solar Lights Models (compared to 5 LEDs maximum in competitive products). If the solar light isn’t bright enough, it won’t illuminate your pathways or walkways for ambience or better safety and security. Browse our collection of high-performing column, pillar and post solar lights for more bright ideas.
- What type of light is emitted? free-light uses daylight natural colour LEDs to enhance the beauty and security of your property. Other solar lights typically use glaring blue-white lights or dingy and dim yellow lights. What’s the point of those? Check out our Stair and Deck Solar lights including The Solar Rope Light and NEW! Borealis Solar Light Strings for railing, fences or trees. Beautiful natural coloured light where you want it!
- Charging speed. Check the details for how long it takes to fully charge the solar light. free-light solar lights deliver the proper amount of solar light with as little as 3 hours of direct sunlight per day. Surplus sunlight is then stored in the battery for the next night’s use. Here are some terrific examples of Courtyard and Patio Solar Lights to choose from.
- Lighting time. How many hours of light will the solar light fixture produce? Are there auto on/off switches? free-light solar lights use microprocessor controlled electronics to prolong lighting time. Competitive products use crude or elementary electronics.See all of our Driveway Parking Solar Lights with long lasting light.
- How wide an area will the solar light broadcast light? Three feet? Ten feet? This is important to know as it will affect the number of solar lights you need. Take the RA20 – All in One Solar Driveway Light for example. When mounted at 10′ it will produce a 40′ pool of light. Brilliant!
Next week we’ll feature 5 more characteristics to look for when choosing solar lighting solutions for your home, cottage or office. Until then, take a look at our NEW! Indoor Solar Work Light. It defies description! Then take a tour of the free-light premium quality solar lighting catalogue and step into the (free) light!