Check the Specs for Quality-Made Solar Lights!
It’s not easy choosing outdoor solar lights for the first time. There are a lot of options. “What should I look for?” is something we’re often asked. People who choose free-light come back and continue buying premium quality free-light products for all their solar lighting needs. They don’t need convincing. They KNOW we’re the best in the business. Here are some specifications to look for when considering solar lights for the first time:
- How many LEDs are in each light? The more LEDs the brighter the light. Whether it’s an indoor or outdoor solar light for a deck, gazebo, shed, set of stairs, or wall, if the solar light doesn’t have enough LEDs, it won’t provide enough light. For comparison purposes, free-light solar lights use 18-24 LEDs in 6V Solar Light models (compared to 1 LED in competitive products) and 36 LEDs in 12V Solar Lights Models (compared to 5 LEDs maximum in competitive products). Browse our collection of high-performing stair and deck solar lights for more bright ideas. (Hey… most are on SALE!)
What Else To Look For When Buying Solar Lights
- What kind of light is emitted? Is it natural daylight colour LEDs or superbright LEDs, like free-light solar lights, or that horrible glaring blue or dingy yellow. Do your research!
- How many hours of solar light will the fixture produce? Does the amount of time match your needs?
- How fast will the solar light charge? Will the fixture store surplus sunlight? This is a helpful feature in rainy climates (like Ontario’s lately).
- What’s the solar light footprint? Will it broadcast light for 10 feet or 40 feet? This is especially important when you’re considering solar driveway lights or solar courtyard lights. You need to know how many fixtures you’ll need.
- What’s the rating on the solar light panel? We’re proud to say free-light solar light panels are rated for 20 years. Be sure to check that.
- Are the electronics of the solar light weatherproof? If the electronics aren’t weatherproof, your solar light won’t last long.
- What materials are used to construct the solar light? Weather resistant ABS? Super clear acrylic for domes? Crystalline solar panels? All these things affect how long your solar light will look – and last – down the road.
Home Show Encore
We’ll be at the Canada Day Celebrations in Wiarton on Monday July 1 from 10-4 at Bluewater Park. Stop by and see all your favourite free-light solar lights!
We encourage you to comparison shop. You too will become a free-light believer! Order your free-light solar lights today. Compare and rejoice! Your premium quality solar lighting solution with impeccable customer service is one click away.